Last updated: May 10, 2023
A lot of effort has been put forth to support horror in ways that don’t exist on mainstream social networks, so we created some very basic community standards to help everyone have an enjoyable experience on Slasher.
If you see something here you just don’t like, but it’s not breaking any of these rules, you have total control over what’s on your timeline. Click the three dots to the upper right corner of the post and click “Hide”. This will remove the post from your timeline. Alternatively, if that’s not enough, you can unfriend or block anyone you don’t care to see posts from anymore.
If you find that there are some people you don’t want to interact with or see content from, you have a couple of options:
1) If you don’t care for a person’s posts or want them to be able to message you, you can unfriend that person by going to their profile and clicking “Remove friend”. You can still see their comments or replies on other people’s posts.
2) If you don’t want to receive messages, see posts, comments, replies, or any content from a person, you can block them by going to their profile, clicking the three dots on the right side of their profile, and clicking “Block”.
If you see anything that is breaking any of these rules, please report it. Anyone reporting remains anonymous to the person being reported. Reporting any issues is extremely helpful, because when we receive reports, we are able to resolve issues as quickly as possible. This gives us the ability to help keep Slasher fun for everyone.
Any reference to goods or services that are considered to be illegal in the United States are not allowed. This includes information or links to websites and/or apps that provide pirated movies, drugs, prostitution, etc.
This is absolutely not tolerated. This includes posting, commenting, or displaying hate toward others in writing, images, or otherwise.
Don’t harass, bully, post, or send messages that may be considered unwelcome. This includes anything relating to appearance, race, sexual orientation, gender, or other personal identifiers, as well as anything sexually explicit. Be respectful when communicating with others.
If you’re having issues, you have options and we are here to help!
1) You can hide posts you don’t want to see by clicking on the post menu (the three dots) and selecting “Hide”.
2) You can block any users for the most immediate results, but be sure to take screenshots prior to blocking them, if you would like a moderator from Slasher to take action.
3) To report any post, comment, or reply, click on the post menu (the three dots), select “Report”, and follow the steps.
4) Take a screenshot of the message(s) in question and send it to email@example.com. That is necessary if you want a moderator from Slasher to review the issue. If you provide no proof of someone breaking a rule, there is no basis to take action for you.
5) Moderators from Slasher can only take action if rules have been broken on Slasher. We do not moderate other apps, websites, etc.
If we decide you are posting in a way that is determined to provoke others in a negative way, your account may be suspended indefinitely. This includes any posts which may suggest or lead to others participating in breaking Slasher’s rules, or otherwise disrupting the community.
No messages are to be sent for promotional purposes, unless directly requested by the recipient. Promotional posts are allowed on the timeline and in the appropriate groups/threads.
Posting the same thing (images and/or text) multiple times is considered spam. You are welcome to post similar things, but be sure to change them enough so it appears to be different and people can enjoy what you’re posting. Give people a reason to like what you do and remain friends with you.
No political or religious themes, posts, or comments. We want to keep the atmosphere enjoyable here and free from those topics.
Any posts depicting sexual imagery, simulated or otherwise, are not allowed.
Promoting free or paid nude content on Slasher is not allowed. This includes Only Fans, premium Snapchat, cam shows, etc.
Unsolicited nude images of any kind should not be shared on Slasher. This includes through messages, posts, comments/replies to other people’s posts, or any other methods. If you’re found sending unsolicited nudes, your account may be suspended indefinitely.
Everyone is allowed to post nudity on their own timeline, but only in the context of horror from R-rated horror movies. For example, stills or animated gifs from R-rated horror movies. If we feel anyone is abusing this, the administrators and moderators of Slasher reserve the right to remove any post at our discretion and may result in your account being suspended indefinitely.
Gore is safe to post here, at long as it abides by the other rules on Slasher.
Out of respect for the injured or dead and their families, images depicting real blood, death, and/or violence are not allowed.
Be respectful to one another and have fun!